IC Essentials

Sending an email after a Form submission

bernhara

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen in your "evolution suggestions" that you are planing to work on a clean Zapier integration. Do you have any idea when this may be available?

I tried an integration between "Database record creation" and Zapier. Since I'm new to Invision and Zapier, it took me some time to understand how this works and, at the end of the day, I managed to make some working tests.

But without any further hint for the Forms integration with WebHooks, I'm afraid that the task may be a bit time consuming for me😅

• Administrators

Yea, we have one already, but it's tricky to set up and requires too many manual steps, the IC5 version will have a better, public one!

Have you tried to use the forms webhook with Zapier?

Where had you problems/What was the problem with trying to utilize the Zapier WEbhook integration

On 11/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, Daniel said:

Have you tried to use the forms webhook with Zapier?

Not with Forms, but for a standard post to a forum.

I'm going to replicate my test to a From submission. I will come back as soon as I will have some results.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, Daniel said:

Where had you problems/What was the problem with trying to utilize the Zapier WEbhook integration

Lack of experience😇 I'm completely new to Invision, so I need to discover everything.

So, I started to test the Zapier integration.

So far I understood, in the "Zap" "event" choice, I should see something mentioning ".... forms ....". But I haven't seen anything more that what is displayed without Forms installed.

I check my API key on Invision, all access to the "Forms" API are allowed.

The logs for the "connection Hello" is:

REQUEST DATA

[]

RESPONSE

{
    "communityName": "PLANETE-CITRO\u00cbN",
    "communityUrl": "https:\/\/test.planete-citroen.com\/",
    "ipsVersion": "4.7.14",
    "ipsApplications": [
        "core",
        "cms",
        "calendar",
        "blog",
        "convert",
        "gallery",
        "forums"
    ]
}

Is it normal that the Forms application is not listed in the response? 

🤪I will try it, but it seems to me to be an unfriendly architecture. If I would write it myself in Python, I would probably converge faster.

For the moment, I will change completely my test strategy:

• a Form submission will post a new message in some dedicated forum
  • Zapier is able to forward each new post in the give forum by an email. This mail format can be configured in Zapier, since I have access to all the post content in the Zap

• Administrators
On 11/17/2023 at 7:38 PM, bernhara said:

🤪I will try it, but it seems to me to be an unfriendly architecture. If I would write it myself in Python, I would probably converge faster.

For the moment, I will change completely my test strategy:

• a Form submission will post a new message in some dedicated forum
  • Zapier is able to forward each new post in the give forum by an email. This mail format can be configured in Zapier, since I have access to all the post content in the Zap

Is it working this way for you?:)

• 3 weeks later...