IC Essentials

Competitions

• Administrators

Competitions

View File

Competition is the number one application for increasing engagement on your community and is suitable for almost all community types.

Competitions can be scheduled automatically on a weekly or monthly basis or you can set specific start and end times. You can also run multiple competitions simultaneously.

Engagement

• All entries support voting, sharing to social media and rankings.
  • The app supports commenting and post before register so visitors can register as part of the competition entry process.
  • First, second and third places are permanently recorded in the previous winner's hall of fame.
  • Users can optionally be notified when their entries receive a vote using the default Invision Community notifications feature.
  • Includes a current leaders block that can be added to other pages in your community.

Moderation Options

• Entries can be hidden, locked, edited or deleted by moderators and a full moderation history is kept.
  • Users can report images to prevent abuse.

Other

The app is fully language abstracted and contains a section for adding rules and introductory text. Use this section to describe your photo theme if you have one.

Optionally limit the number of entries per competition and the number of entries members are allowed to vote on.

Hello!

Today I purchased the "Competitions" application, here on this website, but I don't see how I can download the application now. I have sent you the purchase invoice by private message.

I look forward to your reply.
Thank you

Hi...

I've asked Andy in the past to add some features but i got no response for that.
Maybe we can discuss my requests here. The App suits perfect for my community. 

I have three feature requests / Ideas...

1. During the competition & voting period should be every competitor anonymous (important feature). If you submit new content from start of the competition till the end, no member should be able to see who have uploaded the content. Only Admins and Mods can see the original author. After the voting has ended everyone can automatically see who have upload the content.

2. The delay function is nearly perfect... (nice to have feature). One feature could be added. If i activate for a competition the delay function, no one should be able to upload new content after the voting starts. So the deadline for submitting is the start of voting. During the start and delay time everyone can upload their content, and if the time is over, the voting starts and adding new content should be stopped.

3. Is it possible to add additional access rules for competitions ? 

image.png.97c7ec2775d8666e1dc37dcb65b740b9.png

It will be perfect if both features have an option toggle button.
Thats not a general setting for competitions, just optional, and i can decide for every competition 
1. is it anonymous and
2. content can't added after the deadline
3. additional access rules !

And last question !? 
is it possible to change the task from hourly to every 5 minutes.. How !? 🙂

Thanks und Beste Grüße

Sascha

• Like 1

I noticed my scheduled monthly competition didn't close out October (close the entries, send out winners, etc)  as usual; nor did it spawn the November competition.

I updated yesterday to the monthly IPS maintenance release and no change.

I claimed my license and downloaded/uploaded the latest version (I was one point behind). Cache flushed, etc. No change. I get an error if I try to run the hourly competition task; the task then stays open and 'running' forever until I unset the lock. 

Error:

SELECT *, FIND_IN_SET( votes, ( '3,3,2' ) ) AS rank FROM `ibf_competition_entries` AS `competition_entries` WHERE competition_id=60 and approved=1 and ( status !='merged' OR status IS NULL ) HAVING rank < 4 and rank > 0 ORDER BY rank ASC
IPS\Db\Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'rank FROM `ibf_competition_entries` AS `competition_entries` WHERE competition_i' at line 1 (1064)
#0 /var/www/html/107723/system/Db/Select.php(388): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*r240456::r240...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/html/107723/system/Db/Select.php(582): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/sitefiles/r240456/applications/competition/tasks/competition.php(61): IPS\Db\_Select->count()
#3 /var/www/html/107723/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\competition\tasks\_competition->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/107723/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(751): IPS\_Task->run()
#5 /var/www/html/107723/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#6 /var/www/html/107723/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/107723/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/107723/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Running on IPS cloud.

Low priority, but somebody will notice on my board eventually 🙂

• Thanks 1

Update just for complete info:

Well! Now indeed the November contest has spawned.  👍

However, October did not close out (yet?) and the active contests page has some funky formatting, presumably since the October block is, uh, blocking the November contest that should be in that position.

image.thumb.png.c603209f7ccf05a0fa8453f67bd461a9.png

The task still throws the error and remains in permanent lock.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Daniel

*Ausnahmsweise noch einmal auf Deutsch* 🙂

Was mir wieder aufgefallen ist, weil dieses Mal wieder eingetreten.

Wenn bei meinem Wettbewerb die Stimmenabgabe beendet ist und die ersten 3 Plätze vergeben werden, dann teilen sich beispielsweise beim 1. oder 2. Platz jeweils diejenigen mit meisten Stimmen die Plätze. Konkret bedeutet das... Ich habe derzeit 1 x den ersten Platz vergeben und 2 x den zweiten Platz. Bronze wurde gar nicht verteilt und ist somit gibt es auch keinen 3. Platz. Es wird erst wieder beim 4. Platz weitergerechnet.

Das ist schade, denn bei mir kann es durchaus sein, dass es n-fach Gewinner für die jeweilige Platzierung gibt. Ich möchte das nicht auf nur jeweils eine Person limitieren. Vielleicht könnte man das in einem zukünftigen Update als Option mit einbinden, dass man auswählen kann wie die Platzierung gewertet werden soll. Mehrfachplatzierungen möglich (Ja / Nein)

Wenn die Option auf Ja gesetzt wird, dann greift die Regel und mein Problem ist beseitigt, wenn nein, dann bleibt es wie gehabt. 

• Administrators

Du meinst ohne Plätze zu überspringen?
Das heißt in deinem Fall wäre es dann:

1x 1. Platz
2x 2. Platz
1x 3. Platz

bzw mit 2 ersten Plätzen:

2x 1. Platz
1x 2. Platz
3x 3. Platz
1x 4. Platz

Habe ich es richtig verstanden?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
13 hours ago, Clover13 said:

Attempted to add my expired license but it said I needed to contact the app owner to get it manually added.  If you need any additional info in PM, please let me know.

Yea, please just purchase the 10€ general renewal from https://ic-essentials.lemonsqueezy.com and I'll get you manually access to the file.

• Like 1